It’s finally here folks!
Months of research and endless mall pounding and Dr J came up with nothing. Until yesterday…
She found a Doha- based group of Mommies on Facebook (Meet the lovely ladies here) , that and a few phone calls later; things that had come to a dead halt, were set in motion again.
A mad dash to Landmark at 9:30 pm and Dr J finally laid hands on the …..
Some background info before the big reveal.
Why a carrier at all?
- The stroller can be nuisance sometimes (read LuLu on Friday evenings!)
- Great at airports especially when Dr J is travelling alone.
- Easy to carry along when on vacation and family trips
- Lil Ms Z likes being carried
- Dr J likes long walks
- It is a work out.
- Baby- wearing is super-cool!
- Of course research talks of several benefits of baby wearing….
What type? Criteria?
- An ergonomic one.
- Tried, tested, proven and popular.
- Safe and comfortable for Lil Ms Z
- Comfortable to wear
- Nifty and non- bulky enough for the petite, 5’3″ Dr J
- “Macho” enough for the 5’11” Mr H (hence pretty wraps and colorful slings are out of the picture 😦 )
Baby Bjorn, Manduca, Tula, Boba, Beco, Ergobaby. Whichever Dr J can lay her hands on, preferably without the hassle of international shipping.
So, what DID she finally get?
Dr J intends to give it a thorough trial before she posts a review. Hopefully soon…
P.S. More non-random, researched, tested baby products coming soon…